What is nutrition coaching?
Coaching: ‘To help a person change in the way they wish and helping them go in the direction they want to go.’ – ICC (International Coaching Community)
Nutrition coaching is about closing the gap between your current lifestyle and the lifestyle that will help you achieve the goals you have for yourself. My Q2/B2 method: Quality, Quantity and Body + Brain— is a 3 phase program in which we work on improving food quality and quantity first and foremost, and on strengthening your mind-body connection so you can truly be in sync with your body. You will create long-lasting eating and lifestyle habits that help you stay ‘on track’ forever- no more yo-yo dieting. Nutrition coaching is about establishing long-term, sustainable habits that free you from dieting and strict rules.
Who is nutrition coaching for?
My nutrition coaching programs are for anyone who is looking for a long term solution to their eating and diet struggles. If you are looking to stop struggling with your weight, get curious about your thoughts and feelings around food, stop the cycle of overeating and restriction, and learn to love eating in a way that both feels good and tastes good, this is for you. No more following a boring, strict plan- your diet should fit into your lifestyle, not the other way around. If you are looking for nutrition and lifestyle tools that will serve you for the REST of your life, this is for you.
How is this different than going on another diet or following a meal plan?
I will not give you a diet or meal plan; this is because everyone has DIFFERENT needs, even from day to day. Constantly restricting certain foods or sticking to overly strict diets only works until it doesn’t, and it is NOT a fun way to live. You need to be able to be flexible in your nutrition- because life includes dinners out with friends, or the occasional ice cream with your family! If you struggle with overeating or feelings of guilt around your nutrition, you need the tools to understand how to deal with that in a positive way. A meal plan or a diet doesn’t give you the flexibility OR autonomy you need for the long term.
What is included in a nutrition coaching program?
- Monthly video coaching call
- 1x 30 minute or 2 x 15 minute coaching calls per month
- In depth initial lifestyle and nutrition assessment
- Personalized success plan
- Personalized progress metrics
- Sleep, digestion and energy level tracking
- Continuous coaching support + motivation via Whatsapp
- Access to my private client platform
- Weekly check-ins via my online coaching platform (Apotheo)
- Access to healthy recipes and meal guides
- Mindset, eating out and meal planning tips
What results can I expect?
My clients have seen the following results:
- Weight loss
- Muscle gain
- Improved body image and self esteem
- Improved digestion and energy levels
- Deeper, more restful sleep
- Stronger nails and hair, clearer skin
- Confidence around food choices
- Improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
Obviously, your plan and your results will depend on your goals, your previous experience, and the amount of work you are willing to put in to make lasting changes to your lifestyle. You may see results as early as a couple of weeks into the program- it all depends! Take a look at this blog post or these testimonials to hear more about other client’s experiences.
How will I know if I am progressing?
Each of my clients has specific progress metrics that are particular to their goals, their needs, and their lifestyles. The number on the scale is NOT the only way to measure progress— If you find that stepping on the scale causes anxiety, for example, we may decide to avoid the scale for a while! Progress can be measured in many ways- energy levels, quality and quantity of sleep, how your pants fit, change in body circumferences, satisfaction with your daily meals, mood, improved relationship with food… All of these are ways to see progress that don’t have anything to do with stepping on a scale if that makes you uncomfortable!
How long does this process take?
I ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months. Think about how long it has taken you to establish your current eating habits, or to gain the weight you would like to lose, or how long you have been ignoring your body’s signals. I will not promise you that from one day to another you are going to be able to change it all… and you should be VERY suspicious of anyone that promises a quick fix. You WILL see positive changes in your body and mind fairly quickly- but it is important to be willing to put in the work to really learn, grow and change.
To create lasting results, we need time to make sure that you are creating sustainable habits and taking the time to work through any previous issues with food, health or mindset. This is not a “quick fix” diet that you will rebound back from in a few months or a year. Many clients work with me for 4-6 months total, starting with immediate improvements to their daily nutrition, and then working deeply on issues related to mindset, their relationship with food, and lifestyle factors like sleep and stress.
When should we get started?
Now! There will always be a major life event, or an obstacle in your way that makes it seem like ‘now is not the right time.’ I will tell you this: if you WANT to make a change and you are READY mentally to do so, it is the right time. Think about it this way— starting now means you will be ready for whatever life throws your way even sooner. If what you are doing right now is not working for you… what are you waiting for?
Ok, I’m ready! What’s next?
- Send me your name and phone number– I’ll reach out to you to set up a call so we can discuss your past, your goals and all the details for you to get started.
- I will send you my health history and food diary questionnaires so I can get to know you better, and you will create your profile in my online platform and complete your first month’s payment.
- We will spend 40-50 minutes on a video call in which we will create your success plan- the habits and changes that will take you towards your goals, and help you work through obstacles.
- You will receive an email with your next steps— your daily and weekly ‘habits’ that, step by step, will move you towards the goals we have set together.
- Each week, you will fill out a short questionnaire and report your progress metrics in Apotheo, and I will contact you with any updates, changes or support you may need.
- Every two weeks, we will schedule a phone call to discuss your progress in depth, and decide on your next steps to keep you progressing towards your goals!